Thursday, 10 January 2013

cd sunday challenge - art nouveau

The challenge over at CD Sunday this week gave me 2 challenges - had I got anything that was Art Nouveau & what is the difference between Deco & Nouveau.  Asking a couple of friends it seems the Nouveau is the flowery curvy style as opposed to angular style that is Deco.  Anyway that is the guide I used.

After looking through the very few CD's I have that have stylish images on I found some on Joanna Sheen's Boutique CD set. As I need a card for my stepdaughter for her birthday I chose my image with that in mind.

Here is the card;

I hope this is the right image - it is flowery curly in style. 

I decided on an easel card  - I have got a thing about them again.
I took the topper from the JS CD & pulled it into Serif Craft Artist. As I was unsure about copyright I have not altered the topper all I have done is digitally layer it onto squares of colour.  The 2 colours - pale green & gold - I picked from the topper & just created shapes filled with those colours.  I also created a whole sheet of the pale green for my other layers.  I included a second copy of the topper & cut out the circular image in order to decoupage it, plus a miniature of the topper for the easel stopper. A glittery ribbon & bow, some pale green gems complete the card.


Here is a close up of the stopper - for some reason my camera shot has changed the green paper to blue.


A close up of the topper.  Oh yes the little gold image by the side of the topper was off of one of the Serif kits & I added the Happy Birthday on the oval plaque at the top digitally as well.

I used to show my entries for the CD Sunday challenges on my rubber stamping blog but thought it more appropriate for them to be here.

Thank you for stopping by I hope you enjoyed your visit. Perhaps you would be kind enough to leave a comment before you go - or just say hello.  Then why not pop over to CD Sunday & have a look at the other entries?  Why not have a go yourself?

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Gloria, pale green and lilac two of my favorite colours, I'm sure your stepdaughter will love it. Thanks for joining in at CD Sunday this week.

    Sue x GDT CD Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew -one blog for stamping and one blog for digital stuff. That's dedication Gloria. It's a love image and you've made a beautiful card with it. I have this CD but don't remember this particular image - but then there is an awful lot on the CD.
    Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good layout and a lovely image and I am sure your stepdaughter is going to love it.
    Thank you for joining in with us at CD Sunday.
    Carol x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love easel cards and this is lovely with a beautiful image.
    Thank you for joining us this week at CD Sunday.
    sue-b xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great card and you've done a great job layering it in CA, I'm sure your stepdaughter will be thrilled with it.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty colours and great layout.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stepper card, great design. Love the gold corners.
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely easel card, and a fab image, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much