Sunday, 20 January 2013

cd sunday - forever in blue jeans

What a great theme over at CD Sunday Challenge Blog this week- I love that song & Neil Diamond is my all time favourite singer.

I found what I needed for this challenge amongst my My Craft Studio CD's & used the one called Fab Glam 50's.  Here is my card;


After choosing the images I wanted I decided to make a centre panel stepper card.  I cut out the young couple & adhered them to the background on the side panels.  I was going to 3-d them but it had been a bit fiddly cutting them out - but then I didn't like them flat so I cut out just their clothes & 3-d them & liked it much better. A border strip with records on them made the front strip & a record - (ooh should I be calling them discs??) - with the label personalised for the title of the challenge & then the juke box.  I think I am crossing 2 decades on this card but never mind.

Here are some close-ups;


the girl - love those rolled up jeans.  I remember when I had a waist like that!


& the dashing young man with his leather jacket & jeans.


& of course the record / disc

That was a fun card to make - I think I will keep it for my brother's birthday later this year.

Thank you for stopping for a while at my blog I hope you enjoyed your visit & will call again. Before you go perhaps you would leave a comment or just say hello. 

10 comments:

  1. Great card Gloria, perfect for our challenge.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how clever you are, with your personalised record label - it's great! I also have used this man, although from a different MCS CD.

    I love the shape of this card and the jukebox in the middle. I bet your brother will love it.
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is superb Gloria, i love it all especially the record, just right for our challenge.
    sue-b xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliant Gloria. The images are perfect and the addition of the record is a great idea.
    Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday again this week.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card for our theme and Wow for personalising the 'disc'.
    Thank you for joining in with us at CD Sunday.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card. Perfect for our challenge this week. I'm glad you had fun with it and am sure your brother will love it. I like the record label too.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card Gloria, like you I love the song and found myself singing it whilst making my card. This fits in perfectly with this weeks theme. Thanks for joining in at CD Sunday this week.

    Sue x GDT CD Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! A terrific card for our theme. I can see you were well and truly into the song. A favourite of mine too. Those were the days eh? Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card! I don't think I have *ever* had a waist like that! Your brother is sure to love this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fantastic card for this weeks challenge and you have chosen one of my all time favourite singers to personalise the CD.
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much