Monday, 14 January 2013

cd sunday - vintage vogue

Ooh another chance for more elegant ladies this week over at CD Sunday Challenge blog.

Looking amongst my CD's I came across a CD from a company called CardzCardzCarz who are no longer in business it would seem.  All the images on there are fashion with matching backgrounds & inserts & toppers, but the main images are pyramage.

Here is the card I am entering for the challenge


I printed the pyramage image & some background papers which I resized as they were a little large. I folded the front section of the card in half backwards to create a zigzag card. I cut the background papers with deckle edged scissors just a little smaller than the panels & coloured the edges with a burgundy ink pad.  I then added a strip of burgundy ribbon on the narrow front & the inner panel.  I found a rather nice sentiment about beautiful things & stamped that in the burgundy ink & embossed in clear EP & attached to the front panel.  The pyramage panel was added to the lower right edge of the inside.  To both of the ribbons I added 3 flat backed pink gems. 

Stupidly I adhered the panels on the card before attaching the ribbon to them - so after making the card I had some background paper left over so covered the reverse side of the narrow panel & the main section hiding the turned over ribbon. Looks very neat & different.

Thank you for dropping in to my little blog space I hope you enjoyed your visit & will call again.  Please leave a comment before you leave or just say hello.

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Gloria, I'm sure I have this image on a CD somewhere but a different one than you've mentioned. Thanks for joining in at CD Sunday this week.

    Sue x GDT CD Sunday.
    Congrats on your win last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Gloria - pretty bp and such an elegant lady.
    Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sign of a true card maker to come up with a way of rescuing all the hard work. I do it often although it can be harder with parchment. I love your card and I have heard of the Cd company.
    Thank you for joining in with us.
    Carol x
    Cd Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty and nice to see a different fold (might have to use that sometime :-)

    The ribbon and pearls are lovely and what a great idea for covering the 'oops moment' with the ribbon. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday again this week.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card, we all had those oohps moments LOL, Thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x

    ReplyDelete
  6. a beautiful fresh, elgeant card. It really doesn't look as if you had any oopsies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very elegant lady Gloria and a fabulous card, just right for our challenge at CD Sunday.
    sue-b xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card and such an elegant lady. Thanks for joining us once again at CD Sunday.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much