Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Lets Get Sketchy - January - week 1

Yes! I know I have already done week 2 for Lets Get Sketchy challenges - I must have paged down so quick I didn't spot that I hadn't tried week 1.  Mind you you would have thought the fact that they are numbered would tell me something?  Ah well it is still early in  the year for the brain to be stirring.

Here is the sketch for week 1 & it is so lovely;


& here is my take on the sketch;


Gareth is my stepson & when he bought another car in 2011 the retailers placed a lovely bouquet of flowers in the car.  As he is single - I reaped the benefit.  For this page I chose the 2 best photos out of the batch that I took & cropped them to suit the layout.  I created the page through Serif Craft Artist & used the colour pick feature to create the colours for my layered papers.

For the photos I used photo frames that give the appearance of torn edges - I have used these quite a lot just recently because I do like the effect.  But it is strange isn't it that if I was doing a hybrid page I wouldn't dream of tearing the photo.  It's one of those odd "can't do" things I have - I love altered books that people do but couldn't do it myself as my mind says I am defacing it.  I know it isn't - but!!!!

Around the time Gareth got his car my OH got a car as well & so I had another bouquet - I don't think I have used those photos yet.  Hmm! might stop & do that now.  This sketch will certainly be used again.

Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you found it interesting.  Perhaps before you go you would leave a comment or just say hello.  It is always nice to know people have visited.



7 comments:

  1. Wow, so pretty! You did an awesome job with the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! Wonderful elements! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this layout - the black flourish is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning digit layout! The mix of crispness and vintage is amazing. Thanks for playing along with LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch! Such beautiful photos! Thanks for joining in at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice job with our sketch this month! Thank you for playing along with LGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job with the sketch! Thanks for playing at LGS!

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much