Monday, 21 January 2013

Sketch 'n Scrap 25

As I am not venturing far in this cold snowy weather I decided to enter the challenge over at the   Sketch 'n Scrap Challenge blog & to cheer myself up I chose some photos from some flowers I was given a while ago.

Here is the sketch

& here is my take on the sketch


As you can gather from the name of my blog  - I do some digital crafting & this page has been produced in Serif Craft Artist creating an 8" x 8" page.  What I love about this software is the way you can make the page look like it has layers.  I have so many pages to create & if I tried to do them all hybrid paper craft they would never get done.  So a lot of them are created digitally.  
 .
To create this page I rotated the sketch a little because my photos are landscape not portrait as in the sketch. I then chose a slightly decorative page from among the kits I have & used the transparency tool to fade it away.  I then put the photograph of the complete bouquet I had been given onto the background & stretched it to a larger square afterwards using the transparency tool again to merge the 2 layers. These 2 layers then became my complete background paper.

Next I chose some frames that make the photos look like they have torn edges, & gave the top photo decoupage treatment. Some items have had the shadow tool applied so that they look as if they are raised from the background.  Also the title, ribbon & small flowers I have embossed to give a shiny finish.

These sketch challenges are brilliant for me as slowly they are giving me the inspiration to get all my photos sorted.  All I have to do now is have a printing session & put them into albums.

Do you need inspiration for your pages - then why not pop over to Scrap 'n Sketch where you will find lots of ideas?

Thank you for stopping by my little blog space I hope you enjoyed your visit & will call again.  Before you go please leave a comment - or just say hello.


9 comments:

  1. How pretty! I love the way you framed the photos and then used the bigger one for the background! Very creative! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout and gorgeous flowers! Love how you flipped the sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love how you made the sketch your own! This is beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful layout, it looks great turned like that. I love those torn edges around your photo's too, must try and remember to do that myself, it's so effective. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...this is gorgeous. I love that you made this sketch your own...so glad you're playing along;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic take on the sketch, I love your layout and the colors. Thanks for joining us at Sketch~n~Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sooo pretty!! Beautiful digi work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely layout! The flowers are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your digi page. Thanks for playing along at Sketch-N-Scrap.

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much