Thursday, 17 January 2013

Sketches in Thyme #100

Edited after publishing to reduce size of photo to fit page

It's Sketches In Thyme challenge again & this is my third & final sketch as a Guest Designer.  It has been fun & this one has definitely tested me.

Here is the sketch


Looking at the shape & size of the sketch it would appear to be a double page spread. As I normally create my pages 8" x 8" this design gave me a problem as the half way point would cut in half the larger picture at the top.  So I created a custom sized page measuring 8" x 12".  When I want to actually print these photos & put them in my album I will recreate it as a double page spread 8" x 8" with the layout just separated a little.

Here is my page ........................


............. using photos taken at the beautiful North Wales village - Port Meirion.  I have already created one page from this visit for another challenge. The houses are so beautiful & the colours just make you want to keep taking photos.

I had already selected some of the photos from that day out for another album page & had used a photo manipulation package to create those oval & rounded edge photos with the white borders. I rather liked the way they looked so left them like that for this page.  As always I create my pages through Serif Craft Artist & one of the new effects is to create a pyramid stack from one photo.  So I used that effect on the 2 larger photos.

I am so pleased that I have started entering these challenges as it really gets my creative juices going & I certainly wouldn't have got so many pages created without them.  So thank you to all the lovely people who create these challenges for us to follow.

Thank you once again for visiting my little blog space & I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Please call again & I hope you will leave a comment or just say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much