Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Sketches In Thyme #99

Hello & welcome it's time to show you my second page as Guest Designer at Sketches In Thyme.

This is the sketch for challenge #99  ...............


............ & this is my page based on the sketch

 
As I now look at the finished page here on my blog I notice that I haven't put the date on it - it was a September morning in 2011.  That isn't a problem as I have not printed it yet so I can add that in before I do.  Because I have made my own small album for storing these pages they are all at 8" x 8".
Mind you I will have to do some 12" x 12" at some time as I have 2 lovely albums awaiting pages.
 
Anyway back to this page ...........
The background paper & the gold layer for the photographs are from one of CaroLines Silhouette Kits & I thought the colours went well with the sunrise photographs.  This particular background also had some movement in it that compliments the clouds.
 
The little bird that I used, rather than the bunting, to go cross the photos was a punch from the Craft Artist software that I use to produce my pages.  I then just copied & pasted to produce the string. The frames are not proper frames they are photo edges so when the photo is dropped into position it makes it look like a photo with torn edges has been placed on the page.  I like that finish.
 
When a sketch doesn't have lots of embellishments on it I sometimes find it hard to find the right background - it's the empty space.  But I think this one worked OK - what do you think?
 
I am not usually around to capture this sort of photograph, but that morning it had found a gap in the curtain & woke me - then it was a mad dash to get the camera, open the window & take photos.
 
Do pop over to the Sketches In Thyme blog & have a look at what others have done with this sketch. Why not have a go yourself - it is fun & you get those photos out of those packets & boxes.

Thank you for stopping by & please leave a comment - even if you only say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much