Monday, 25 February 2013

CD Sunday - Hugs & wishes

Time for another CD Sunday Challenge & this week the theme is "Hugs & Wishes".  That says cute to me & I don't do a lot of cute.  Still, it's time to search amongst the CD's for a good cute image.

I found what I was looking for on a My Craft Studio CD from the Papercraft Library Volume 3 called Violet.

Here is my card

I printed out a background paper, some flowers & a plaque.  Then I selected this image of Violet hugging her toys.  When I printed everything off I found I hadn't reduced the size of Violet as much as I thought.  But no worries I have some 8" cards - so I decided to make a large card for a change.  I had printed Violet twice so I cut out just the teddy in her arms & layered that & also cut away the leaves around the flowers on a second flower to give them some depth.  As I finished putting it together I remembered my "hug a teddy" stamp so added that on a piece of the background paper in the bottom corner.


a close up of the sentiment

Very pleased with this one.

Thank you for popping in to take a peek at my blog I hope you enjoyed your visit.


8 comments:

  1. Ah! What a lovely image. Thank you for joining us again at CD Sunday.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card and a great sentiment. I still have the teddy I've had all my life for just those sort of occasions - and it works.
    Thank you for joining us this week.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Gloria and your right hugs and wishes says cute to me too, thank you for joining us with this weeks challenge.
    sue-b xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and Violet is so cute. Love the layout and it is good sometimes to make a larger card. Super sentiment too.
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card and perfect for our challenge. thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Gloria, it reminds me of my niece, who always had arms full of teddies and dolls when she was younger. She's progressed to a pet snake now, I think the teddies were better.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great card and I love the sentiment. Thank you for joining in with us at Cd Sunday.
    Carol
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much