Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Digital Tuesday #197 - Up, Up & Away

I found this challenge blog a few weeks ago & each time I forgot to keep an eye on the days & missed the date. The blog?  Is Digital Tuesday & this weeks challenge is "Up, up & away".

So I had a look amongst my many "My Craft Studio" CD's - there were birds, butterflies, aeroplanes & a few other things - but then I stumbled across this image & thought - "yes -- that's the one for me"


Balloons! They fly away up high don't they!  Also that cake looked good.  Here is the complete card


In my usual disorganised manner I forgot to note the name of the CD this came from & trying to find it again (they are all loaded on my laptop) is tricky.  I am not a fan of decoupage but felt I couldn't leave this one flat.  The pink background paper is also off the CD.  I printed one complete image, an extra set of balloons & an extra cake.  The complete image is on sticky pads then I have added a second layer of the cake, & also the top 2 & lower 2 balloons. I then stamped the birthday greeting.  The doilies serve 2 purposes - a table cloth the cake is sitting on & the clouds the cake will float through. Finally I added a little glitter to the icing on the cake & the highlight points of the balloons.

Thank you for popping into my little blog space I hope you enjoyed your visit & perhaps if you have time before you leave you could leave a comment - or just say hello.


1 comment:

  1. I really like the 3D effect you got with the balloons and the little sprinkle of glitter on the cake looks great.
    Thanks for joining us @ Digital Tuesday this week :)

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much