Sunday, 3 February 2013

Digitally Sweet #21 Anything but a card or layout

Over at Digitally Sweet the next challenge is to create something that is not a card or a page layout.  So thinking cap on.

As I am at the moment up to my elbows in a wedding, & one of the things I will be sorting this week is pillow boxes I thought why not create one digitally for the challenge.

Here is my pillow box;


I created it in Serif Craft Artist using one of the templates in the software.  I added my own background & then from various kits chose a bouquet of flowers & a sentiment.

After cutting out & embossing the fold lines of the pillow I encouraged it into the shape & stuck down the flaps to keep the shape.  I then cut out the bouquet the colour of which I had altered to go with the background paper.  I left just a very narrow white margin around it & took away as much of the white card between flowers as I could.  The sentiment I added to a shape which I coloured to match then cut it out punched a hole & added the appropriate colour ribbon.

Here is a picture of the box template before I cut it out,  with my background paper on it;


The background paper for the template was a piece of pinky lilac that was part of one of the digi kits.  The floral pattern was from a card I had made using a new technique I had learnt thanks to one of the ladies in the Serif Craft Artist Users Group.  My next post will be to show that card - it uses a faux laser die cut technique.

Thank you for stopping by my blog I hope you found your visit interesting & will call again.  If you have time before you go please leave a comment - or just say hello.

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Brilliant idea! Thanks for sharing at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You did an awesome job with this! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful idea and creation...love the colours..xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! Wonderful idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant idea! This is stunning and very creative! Thanks for joining us this week at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much