Friday, 15 February 2013

Lets Get Sketchy - Feb week 1

Time for another challenge over at Let's Get Sketchy & I decided to get another page of my Brussels weekend made which we had in 2011 - so long overdue.

Here is the sketch;

 
& here is my page

 
When we had our weekend in Brussels it was unfortunately not at the time of the Flower Carpet, but in one of the brochures we picked up there was this lovely photo.  I scanned it & used it for my background paper, having first made it a little more transparent to fade it into the background.
 
As always my pages are digital & made with Serif Craft Artist.  One of the days we visited Mini-Europe.  This is basically a model village - but of Europe.  As we walked around I spotted the model of The Grand Place with a replication of the flower carpet.  That is my photo. Because I took many of the photos fairly close up it is almost impossible to realise that they are models.  But in this one I think there are some people in the background of the photo.  The papers, flowers & flags were taken from various digi-kits I have on my laptop.
 
Thank you for visiting my little blog space I hope you found it interesting & if you have time perhaps you would leave a comment or just say hello.


8 comments:

  1. Wow, what an awesome photo that you used for your background! Beautiful job and great use of the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that back ground photo! Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! Love your idea with the background paper. Thanks for joining in at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what a great idea for the background paper - love it. Thanks so much for playing along at Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. too cute, love the colors. thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful use of the sketch. Thanks for playing along at LGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is so cool with the background being a photo as well. Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great page. I love your background. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much