Sunday, 10 February 2013

Sketches in Thyme #101

Time for me to join in the challenge over at Sketches In Thyme this week.

Here is the sketch;


& here is my page based on the sketch


isn't he cute?

Uscar is his name.  We thought we had misheard it when we were first told & thought they had meant Oscar.

On our way back home from a holiday & taking a picturesque tour of the Malvern Hills on the way we decided to find somewhere to stay for one night.  Purely by chance we found this lovely B&B with absolutely gorgeous views over the hills.  In fact it was so nice - we stayed 2 nights.

The owners of the B&B were training this delightful puppy to be a guide dog, & would be looking after him for about 12 months (I think I remember that correctly - as once again these are photos taken some 5 years ago).  He was irresistible & it was very hard not to make too much fuss of him & risk undoing the good work the couple were doing.  They told us that when he had his lead on he was working - well training at working - so we were very good & didn't distract him.  But when his lead was off we could make a fuss & give him a cuddle.  I took these photos just as we were leaving to continue our journey home.

Now! the page - as always it has been created in Serif Craft Artist & I found the background page in one of the many kits I have on my laptop.  I just lightened it a little.  I love these frames that make it look like the photos have been torn - yet funnily I most probably wouldn't tear an actual photo.

Thank you Sketches in Thyme - another great layout to try & another of my many to do pages created & done.

Thank you for stopping by my little blog space I hope you enjoyed your visit.  I hope you can find time to leave a comment before you go.  They are always appreciated.

6 comments:

  1. Love the torn edge look on the pics and the shape of the journaling spot!
    Thanks for visiting us!!
    -Doreen
    Sketches in Thyme DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the torn photo look you got, and the greens you used. Lovely layout

    ReplyDelete
  3. The torn photos are cute! Thank you for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!
    Surama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable digi page
    I love the dog!
    tks for playing with us at SIT
    xx
    Leila
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos , great job with the sketch. Thanks for playing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I want to give that little puppy a squeeze, sooo cute! Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme! =) Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much