Sunday, 24 March 2013

CD Sunday - Bundle of Joy

Just popped back to edit the post as I forgot the link to CD Sunday.

Time for another challenge over at CD Sunday Challenge blog where the theme this week is "Bundle of Joy"

I am not a big user of cutie images although I have used them more recently - so I needed to find something that fitted the bill without being too cutsie.  After a look among the possible CD's this is what I decided to create;


A gate-fold card - a large one too.
OK - you can't see the "bundle of joy" - but it is there in the pram.


Here is another view showing it slightly open & the layers are more visible.

For this card I used My Craft Studio CD Papercraft Library Volume 5 - Faith Hope & Charity.  This new mum is Charity.

I didn't have a gate-fold card big enough for the design so I created one from 2 6" x 4" cards joined together with backing card & an insert.  I printed 2 copies of the topper & cut out Charity & the pram, the flower in the tub on the right & the bird in the tree to 3-d them.  The background papers look like cross stitch material which went with the rather homespun appeal of these images.


This little pendant I also printed twice.  The second layer is the pendant without the bow & before attaching it to the card I inked it with Versamark ink then embossed it with Clear EP to give it the look of glass.  That doesn't show up very well in the photo.

All I need now is someone I know to have a daughter or grand-daughter so that I can give the card to them.

Thank you for stopping by my little blog I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Please call again.




10 comments:

  1. Yes , it's cute ....but not at all sickly cute.Just the right amount of whimsical-ness for a new baby card and the (yet unknown!) recipient is sure to be delighted.
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Gloria and from a CD I haven't seen.
    Love your layout and colours and Charity looks a proud Mum.
    Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card Gloria. I like the image and the fabric bp is brill.
    Thank you for joining us this week again.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Gloria. Lemon, pink and blue. As I don't know any new babies either that is what I chose.
    Thank you for joining in with us at Cd Sunday.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely image and papers Gloria. Just the right amount of cute. It's nice to make a big card sometimes too.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty card Gloria. I do like a gatefold card, havent done one for ages, maybe next week! Love the pink and blue papers and the image is so cute. What a good idea to make the little pendant! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so lovely Gloria, love the colours and card shape.
    sue-b xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, I love being able to see the tempting glipse of the pretty paper on the inside too, it really finishes it off

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely card Gloria, cute yes but not too much so. I like the colours and it all looks so well put together.
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much