Friday, 22 March 2013

CD Sunday Challenge - Wonderful Wings

I'm late, I'm later for a very important date.  Well! I will be if I don't post my card for the challenge over at  CD Sunday Challenge blog.  The theme this week is "Wonderful Wings".

I think the main reason I am late is because I kept changing my mind as to what to do.  I tried to find something a little different - & failed.  But I did find this rather lovely humming bird on a My Craft Studio CD called Wings & Things (CD2).


I printed one of the background papers twice at A5 size, then a matching one with the flowers on & a central aperture for an image.  Finally I selected the humming bird to go inside the aperture.  Having sat staring at my printouts for a few minutes I decided on an easel card.  Even though I watch the measurements of things created in MCS I still managed to print these a little larger than I wanted.  So this is quite a large card.

I printed some extra elements - the small & large green flowers which I cut out & placed on sticky pads over the original flowers.  I also printed out the red coloured flower which I used to make my easel stops.  Some gold ribbon round the easel part of the card behind the main image & a little red flower with a pink gem centre placed just by the birds beak as if he was sipping the nectar from that flower.

I haven't put a sentiment on the front as I have a couple of options that I can later use this card for so will add it then.

Thank you for stopping by I hope you enjoyed your visit.

9 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card, such a gorgeous image and great design. You sound a bit like me, I started out with a totally different idea than the card I ended up with.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, and beautiful image
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Gloria. Lovely image and your papers are a perfect match.
    Love your flowers too.
    Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shape of this card. Lovely hummngbird image and great colours.
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the image and you've made a lovely card with it. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday again this week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful card, sometimes making the decision on what to use takes longer than making the card, but you have produced a wonderful card after your deliberations. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card in such pretty colours. I too seem to either print too large or too small even though I follow the measurements! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Gloria and I am so pleased we are an important date. Great Hummingbird and I love where you have placed your flower. Gives it all a real 3D look.
    Thank you for joining in with us.
    Carol x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card Gloria, so pretty and i love the shape too, thank you for joining us at CD Sunday .
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much