Monday, 11 March 2013

cd sunday - land of the pharaohs

My - the weeks go by faster & faster - time once again for a challenge over at CD Sunday Challenge Blog & this week the theme is "Land of the Pharaohs".

For this challenge I knew I had only one CD that would have the images - the Joanna Sheen CD - "Egyptian Adventure".  Then I also remembered that for ages I have had a sheet of paper that looks very much like papyrus - so finally time to use some of it.

Here is the card


When I was going through the CD looking at the images I noticed one that had the papyrus type of background - so it just had to be that one.  I used the decoupage sheet that can be printed direct from the CD & used the frame along with the couple on the background.  I then cut out the layer with the couple & the plinth on, & from a third image I cut the central part of their clothes.  I also used one of the greetings from the sheet.  I crumpled my papyrus sheet to age it a little more & distressed the edges a little as well.

Here is a close-up of the couple where you can better see the decoupage work.  Although I am disappointed to find that I seem to have left some little white edges in places - mainly around the tricky to cut areas.  I really am not very good at decoupage - but I enjoyed the challenge.


Thank you for stopping by my little blog - perhaps you could find time to leave a comment they are always appreciated.  Criticisms welcome too - but don't be too unkind!!!

Why not click on the link above & go & take a look at the lovely cards on the challenge blog.

12 comments:

  1. A super card Gloria, love your layout and the images. I am like you as I don't like cutting out decoupage but have made a good job. Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday this week.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card Gloria and just perfect for our challenge. May I give a little tip about the white edges on cut out decoupage. Just run around the edges very lightly with a pencil - just a lead one will do most times and it all seems to disappear into the image. Sometimes you have to use a coloured pencil to match the paper. Hope you don't mind the tip. You can still do it even though you have made up the card.
    Thank you for joining in with us.
    Carol x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your decoupage looks fantastic. How wonderful that you were able to use your 'papyrus' for this fab card.
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great take on the challenge and I know the joy if using something you had for ages!
    Linby x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully cut out and decoupaged in my opinion Gloria - and good that you managed to use a sheet of paper you've had for a while too. Sometimes these bits and pieces seem to stay in the bit box forever.Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
    Beryl xx
    Cd Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks just like the papyrus paintings I've seen in Egypt. A great card and thank you for joining us again this week.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning work Gloria, i thinks the girls have sail it all, thank you for joining us this week at CD Sunday.
    sue-b xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just as the others have said this is a super card, and a free tip from Carol too. I usually use a coloured pencil or even a promarker but anything that takes away the starkness is good, great decoupage though.
    Thanks for jining us at CD Sunday htis week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. A super card Gloria from a super CD. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much