Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Playing with craft artist effects

I didn't feel like watching TV this evening so after catching up on emails & telephone calls I decided to take another look at some of the photographic effects in Serif Craft Artist

I chose one of the photos I had taken of my Mother's Day bouquet & inspired by some work by one of the ladies in the Serif Craft Artist's Facebook group created this page;


I played with the effects first then built the page.  The background paper is the photo that I worked with - without any effects other than I reduced the transparency so that it faded back.  I then placed the 4 different effects together & drew a shape around them increasing the width of the outline.  I tried different colours for the outline & decided that black had the most impact.  I then searched for a pretty embellishment & found the one that is on the side of the page which just seemed to be waiting to be selected.  There was still something that was needed without adding too much & in one of those rare flashes of inspiration I drew a shape around the background paper, increased the width of the line & changed the colour to black to match the photos.

I like very much!

Thank you for visiting my little blog - please call again.

2 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous creation Gloria, fab layout and I love the colours. Haven't been playing much with CAP2, must try harder.
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much