Sunday, 26 May 2013

CD Sunday challenge - Aged to Perfection

Good morning everyone!  I hope your are all well.

I have now reached the final week as a guest designer for CD Sunday Challenge blog where this week the theme is "Aged to Perfection".  I can't wait to see what the Design Team have created, as this one gave me more to think about.  Did I have the right material on CD's for it?

Well the answer was yes - purely because back in early April I decided there were certain genre missing in my CD collection, I didn't have humorous, so I purchased a couple.  I bought Wine Buffs & La Pashe Wrinklies.

When I was trying to decide which one to use for this challenge I kept changing my mind & swapping between the 2.  In the end I chose ...............................


............. Wrinklies.   Aren't they cute?

I printed the topper twice so that I could do some decoupage & also printed from one of my Serif digi kits, a pretty pale blue background paper.  I forgot to check which digi kit it came from.  Then using a scalloped circle die I created my round card & with a smaller size cut a circle from the background paper.  Then with the next smallest die I cut out the topper.  The card was cut from an A4 sheet of white card & I scored one of the circles about 1" down from the top & adhered it to the second circle to create the finished card.  I inked the edges of the background paper to make it stand out against the white card then layered it onto the card. A Promarker run around the edges of the topper to create shadow. I then cut out the couple & their head phones, their ipod & the cat from the second topper.  These items were placed on 3-d pads to create the height.  I then typed up the sentiment cut it out with a label die I had, inked the edges & attached it to the topper with pale blue square brads.  The topper & label were then attached to the card on double sided pads & some blue ribbon tied at the top to finish.

I know just what I am going to use this card  for.  If you have been following my little excursion into the world of being a Guest Designer you will know that on week 1 the theme had been Weddings - chosen because I was to be married just prior to that date.  Well the day I married was also the anniversary of meeting my OH - which we always celebrate with cards.  So this card was to be my anniversary card to him - yes, they are a "wrinklie" couple, & no - we don't class ourselves as wrinklies just mature.

Thank you CD Sunday for inviting me to be a guest designer - it has been fun.  Thank you to everyone visiting my blog I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Why not pop over to the CD Sunday blog & see how others interpreted this theme.  Why not have a go yourselves!  I hope you will also continue to pop in from time to time to see what else I am creating.

'Bye for now.

6 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card Gloria and such a sweet wrinkly image. You have been a great GDT this month and I have enjoyed seeing your cards.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card Gloria, and I love the way you've die cut the image and made a round card.

    Sue T x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gloria, your last GDT card is another fabulous creation. I love the shape and you have put a lot of work in designing it.
    We have loved working with you on CDS and I hope we can persuade you to come back later in the year.
    Hugs
    Christine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely card Gloria, fabulous image and such a sweet sentiment.
    Thank you for your kind words regarding my Dad.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card to end your guest spot with us Gloria. We have thoroughly enjoyed having you on the team. You've brought us a fab selection of DD cards.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great fun card and two good choices to fill the gap in your CD collection, i think you made the perfect choice for your card this week Gloria. It has been great having you on board this month, your cards have been brilliant.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much