Sunday, 19 May 2013

CD Sunday - Go Green

It's time for another challenge over at CD Sunday Challenge Blog & my third week as a Guest Designer.

The theme is "Go Green" - now that tested me.  Should the design be green?  Should it do with greenery?  Or - is it recycling type go green?  Which way did I go green - well I went recycling - in a fashion.

Here is what I did -

It's a little hanging ornament that is 2 old CD's with a doilie & some green ribbon sandwiched between them.  The papers & image are from a My Craft Studio CD called "Pretty in Porcelain" from the section called "Everyday" & the design called "Cameo".  Pretty In Porcelain is based around painted plate designs - I love it.  I printed out the plate design then the central panel twice - again just a little bigger.  The plate image was glued to one of  the CD's then the central panel placed on sticky pads over it & finally I cut just the silhouette character from the second image & placed it over the first, again on  sticky pads.  The ribbon I coloured with Promarkers.

Because I printed out some of the images more than once I had enough left over to make a card. Here it is -


I glued a green circle to the front of the card, then a doilie over that then one of the plate designs.  Before that I had added some light colour to the card by brushing with green chalk.  Finally I stamped the little wavy stamp design on the corners of the cards because I didn't like the negative space - it does compliment the filigree design on the plate a bit.

I really enjoyed this challenge as it made me step out of my comfort zone of just making cards.

Thank you for stopping by I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you haven't come here from the challenge blog why not pop over there now & see what others are making.

8 comments:

  1. These a beautiful Gloria and will make a lovely gift set. Going to have to take another look at Pretty in Porcelain.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous designs Gloria. I love your idea of using CD's to create something different.
    You are doing us proud again.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous Gloria, a bit of recycling and also a very pretty card. You have just given me another idea for using up old cd's.
    sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous little wall hanging, and matching card Gloria. I was lucky and got to make samples for the launch of this CD and made a set of matching coasters using the same image.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gloria. I loved this as soon as I saw it and the card is great too. We are really enjoying your contributions to the team.
    Hugs
    Carol
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your lovely comments ladies it is much appreciated
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love this little wall hanging Gloria. How clever of you to use two cds. That would make it nice and firm. The card is also gorgeous. The image is lovely, I do like the plates too. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much