Sunday, 12 May 2013

CD Sunday - Ornate Blossoms

Hello everyone

Another week in my spell as a Guest designer over at CD Sunday Challenge Blog, & this week the theme is Ornate Blossoms.

Here is my card;

I chose a My Craft Studio CD called NSR Florals.  The NSR stands for No Stamp Required, this is because many of the images on the CD are digital stamps to be printed out & coloured.  But they do also have pre-coloured images as well, & it was a pre-coloured image I went for.  I just loved the vibrant colours in these flowers & to me they fitted the word Ornate. 


Here is a close-up of the top 2 flowers which just about shows the glitter I put on them.

I printed 2 of the floral sprays & found it rather difficult to cut around those stems at the bottom so I cut them away completely.  Then on the other image I cut around all of the image leaving a narrow white border - a little like some stickers you can buy.  The background paper which has "just for you" printed all over also came from the CD.  Obviously a big spray like this one needed a big card so I used a scalloped edge 8" x 8" card.  I cut the background paper to make a central panel, then cut 2 strips from the remainder & punched the floral design along the edges.  Then very bravely & with tongue between teeth I cut each side of them with some scalloped edge scissors & tried very hard to mimic the edge of the card.  I am pleased with the result which was finished off with a spotty lilac bow & a couple of butterflies (which were also from the CD).

Thank you for stopping by my blog I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Why not pop over to the CD Sunday blog & see what others have created.  Why not join in the challenge yourself?

6 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Gloria. I love your flowers and you are braver than me in cutting them out. I always manage to cut something I shouldn't. I love the border,(something I may pinch) and the bow is fabulous.
    My favourite colours of course.
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Gloria, this is one of my favorite images off of that CD. I love the lacey borders you've added.

    Sue T x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty Gloria, stunning colours and I love the glittering.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gloria this is so pretty and i have to say what a great job you have done with the scissors, something i find hard to keep it all even. I do love these flowers, as you say beautiful vibrant colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Gloria. Those blossoms are beautiful.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous job you have done with those flowers Gloria. Your card is so pretty. Loving the photos of your wedding too. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much