Sunday, 5 May 2013

CD Sunday - Weddings

Good morning & for me a very exciting morning as I have been invited to be a guest designer for the month of May on the CD Sunday Challenge Blog - so this is my first week.

The theme for today is "Weddings" & it seems it was chosen with me in mind as I got married just a week ago & today will be returning home from my honeymoon in Malta.

So, enough about me let's look at the card.


The image comes from the "Seraphina Through The Ages" CD by Doolicraft.
There are 2 CD's & this image was from CD1.

The lilac background paper is actually an  insert paper left over from a card kit that I purchased from Create & Craft quite a while back.  I used all the cards & elements but didn't use the inserts.  I have used it as a wrap around.  The image I selected to use is a pyramage sheet & I rather liked the black & white monotone picture.  The floral embellishments are from the good old "bits & bobs" box we all have.

I haven't put a sentiment on it at this stage - as I am going to use it to give my OH on our wedding day so need to find the right thing to put.

Now! I appreciate that sounds odd seeing as I said I have just come back from honeymoon - but I am sure you will have guessed these challenge cards are prepared well ahead of time.  Well mine was.


This is a close up of the image - I think you can just about make out the small amount of glitter I put on it to make her dress sparkle a little.

Thank you for stopping by my little blog I hope you enjoyed your visit & if you didn't get here from the CD Sunday blog why not click on the link at the top of this post & see what other Designers have made.  Why not have a go yourself - it is fun.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your wedding. I'm sure your Oh will have loved this card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Gloria and welcome as GDT for us at CD Sunday. Congratulations to you both on your Wedding and best wishes for the happy years ahead.
    I love your lilac wrap around and the image is gorgeous. Looking forward to working with you this month.
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your wedding Gloria, and welcome as GDT. Your card is beautiful, I love the fact you've printed the image in black and white and teamed it with the lilac, it's gorgeous.

    Sue T xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your wedding Gloria, may you have many happy years together. Also well done on your appointment as GDT. When I saw the theme for this week, my mind immediately went to this image! I couldn't have made such a good job of it though so chose another. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much