Tuesday, 4 June 2013

A lucky page

Good morning everyone & what a beautiful day it is.  More of this sunshine please.

I am sure I have mentioned on here before that I belong to a Facebook group for user of Serif Craft Artist digital software.  It is the software I use for most of my digital work.

During May the group admin team have been running a challenge.  We were given a minikit to work with - consisting of a couple of backgrounds & images (& that is a very simple definition of the kit).  We had to use at least one background & one embellishment & of course the many many features of CAP.

On going to the Facebook page this morning I find that one of my entries - I did 2 - has been chosen as one of the top six.  What a brilliant start to the day!


The tree - as you see it in the small oval at the bottom was one of the images as was the green flower at the corners - although in the kit the flowers were yellow-gold. I framed  the complete tree pictures inside a green shape & put it through one of the many photo effects which changed it to this green shade & added white highlights & also embossed the green frame  The oval has had the 3-d (pyramage) tool used on it to give it 3 layers as well as being cropped to the oval shape.

I am very proud of being selected as there were some truly amazing entries.

My blogging over the next couple of weeks will be a bit hit & miss as we are due to move home on the 18 June.  Then once my craft room is organised (as quickly as I can manage) - I will be back regularly.

Thank you for visiting I hope you enjoyed your stay.


3 comments:

  1. Well done on being selected in the top 6 Gloria. Your card is lovely with a beautiful sentiment. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle - I was thrilled to bits.

      Delete
  2. I had to write to tell you how beautiful your card is and congratulations on coming one of the top six.

    Rhiannon E

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much