Monday, 29 July 2013

CD Sunday - Garden Pleasures

Finally! I am back joining in with the CD Sunday challenges & this week the theme is Garden Pleasures.

Yesterday morning I spent a pleasant hour or so going through my CD's to find the image I wanted - the first time since I moved house I have really had the chance to do this.  I finally found what I was looking for even though at the start I didn't know what that was.  We have seen some lovely butterflies in our new garden & this just jumped out at me & said "Use me!"

Here is my card


I used My Craft Studio Petal Pairs CD & Papercraft Library Volume 1.  I made the card last night & took the photo this morning - then realised I had not made a note of which CD I had used.  So! it took me nearly an hour to find the right one(s).  I wish when you opened a project in MCS that it also brought with it the files that you used - but it doesn't seem to.

So I used one of the aperture cards as base but only printed out the front & I did this twice.  From one of them I cut out the aperture & trimmed it a little smaller than the other one.  The scalloped topper came in 3 sizes so I cropped out the 2 I didn't require & adjusted the size to fit the aperture.  I selected the background paper I wanted & adjusted it slightly to fit on half an A4 sheet & copied & pasted it so that I had 2 pieces (just in case).  I found the ribbon & bow in  the embellishments & cut out 2 of those.  I also cropped the main image to pick out the butterfly on its own.  The topper was attached to the base card & then I put some acetate behind the aperture of the top layer & placed them over each other.  I decided the whole thing needed a little lift so I placed the lower layer onto black card then run a black Promarker around the top layer so that they stood out more. The butterfly I cut out & adhered to the acetate for the 3-d effect.  The ribbon & bow was then added & I cut out the bow only from the second piece & placed that on top with a foam pad.


This is the background paper that I used.  It seemed a shame to cover it with the topper (I would normally use a plain colour as my base) - but I have noticed that lots of card makers use patterned paper - so I thought it was time I tried it too.   I am pleased with the effect.

So there you are - my first really good play since moving house.  Now! off to do some stamping.

Do pop over to the CD Sunday blog & see what everyone else is doing for this challenge & also take a look at what the fabulous design team have given us for inspiration.

Thank you for visiting - I hope you enjoyed your stay.

11 comments:

  1. What a lovely card - a beautiful image and such gentle colours. Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday. Tess x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful image. I love the background paper too it would make a beautiful card on it's own I think.
    Hugs Wynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you with us again Gloria and with such a gorgeous card. I know just how it feels when you've put all the CD's away without make a note of the ones used. Or to find a piece of paper in your stash that you absolutely love but can't seem to find which cd it came from no matter how long you search through them.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gloria, good to see you back with us and with a gorgeous card. I love butterflies so this is perfect for me. Love your colours and your layout. Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday and hope we see more of you.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card Gloria, love the colours and style of card, thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week
    sue-b xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card Gloria and a beautiful butterfly, we have so many flying about the garden at the moment, must be the hot weather we're having. Great to see you back again at CD Sunday.

    Sue T x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card - so worth all that hard work.
    Thank you for joining in with us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely butterfly and such a pretty colour background - one of my favourite colours :-)
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card Gloria, we seem to have a few more butterflies this year too. Plenty of work gone into this but so worth it.
    Thanks for joining us agaain at CD Sunday.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous card, i can understand how once you found it you knew this was it. Aren't the butterflies aplenty this year. Thanks for being with us again at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card Gloria, lovely lilac colours and butterfly, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much