Yesterday morning I spent a pleasant hour or so going through my CD's to find the image I wanted - the first time since I moved house I have really had the chance to do this. I finally found what I was looking for even though at the start I didn't know what that was. We have seen some lovely butterflies in our new garden & this just jumped out at me & said "Use me!"
Here is my card
I used My Craft Studio Petal Pairs CD & Papercraft Library Volume 1. I made the card last night & took the photo this morning - then realised I had not made a note of which CD I had used. So! it took me nearly an hour to find the right one(s). I wish when you opened a project in MCS that it also brought with it the files that you used - but it doesn't seem to.
So I used one of the aperture cards as base but only printed out the front & I did this twice. From one of them I cut out the aperture & trimmed it a little smaller than the other one. The scalloped topper came in 3 sizes so I cropped out the 2 I didn't require & adjusted the size to fit the aperture. I selected the background paper I wanted & adjusted it slightly to fit on half an A4 sheet & copied & pasted it so that I had 2 pieces (just in case). I found the ribbon & bow in the embellishments & cut out 2 of those. I also cropped the main image to pick out the butterfly on its own. The topper was attached to the base card & then I put some acetate behind the aperture of the top layer & placed them over each other. I decided the whole thing needed a little lift so I placed the lower layer onto black card then run a black Promarker around the top layer so that they stood out more. The butterfly I cut out & adhered to the acetate for the 3-d effect. The ribbon & bow was then added & I cut out the bow only from the second piece & placed that on top with a foam pad.
This is the background paper that I used. It seemed a shame to cover it with the topper (I would normally use a plain colour as my base) - but I have noticed that lots of card makers use patterned paper - so I thought it was time I tried it too. I am pleased with the effect.
So there you are - my first really good play since moving house. Now! off to do some stamping.
Do pop over to the CD Sunday blog & see what everyone else is doing for this challenge & also take a look at what the fabulous design team have given us for inspiration.
Thank you for visiting - I hope you enjoyed your stay.