Friday, 9 August 2013

CD Sunday - Transportation

I am running late - it is Friday already & I haven't put my CD Sunday Challenge entry up yet.  The paperwork has been sitting on my desk for a couple of days waiting to be used.

The theme this week is Transportation - so once again I turned to My Craft Studio & the Illustrious Illusions (CD2);


For my card I chose the Hot-air balloon.  I have rather fancied a trip in a hot air balloon but I am not very good with heights & to just be standing in a basket - that is a no go.

I created the base card by choosing a background & then drawing a colour shape around it which I sent to the back to create a frame.  I did the same with the topper adding an extra frame to it so that the 2 pieces went together.  I copied the large balloon cut off the basket, curled the edges & stuck it over the original on fairly deep sticky pads.  (I think the curve shows up).  Then I typed the "Up, Up & Away" put it on a blue background & created the red frame again to match it all together.

No embellishments on it as they are the boxes I am still searching for.

If you haven't come to my blog from the CD Sunday blog why not pop over there & see what all those clever ladies create.  Thank you for visiting - please come again.

10 comments:

  1. WOW Gloria, this really pops off of the page. You've made such a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.

    Sue T x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just about to say the same thing. It fair pops of the page. Great card Gloria and thank you for joining in with us despite the fact that you haven't found all your crafting bits yet.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Gloria...the balloon looks reaaly 3D and real

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely image of the balloon. It looks as if it is going to float off the card :-)
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. That balloon does look very dimensional Gloria. Great image and background. Hope you find your embellishment box soon. I'm sure I've still got stuff not found yet (tucked away inside a box with something else) and I've been here 18 months now.
    Thank you for joining in .
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. The effect on the balloon is amazing Gloria and as for embellishments it really doesn't need them, beautiful and thank you for joining us this week and i hope you soon find whats hiding in the boxes.
    sue-b xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful card and a great take on my challenge. Thanks for taking part.
    Linbyx
    GDT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Up Up and away certainly fit's our theme this week Gloria. I am like you re having a go in a Hot Air Balloon, I wouldn't be confident to stand up in the basket but I am sure the views would be amazing. Thanks for joining us again this week.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant, loving your card and your form of transport, not on my list of 'to do's but so beautiful and serene. thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, I do love Hot air Balloons, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much