Monday, 12 August 2013

Zentangle

Good morning all

I thought it was about time I wrote a post that wasn't just about challenges I was entering.

Sometime back I discovered Zentangle & although I thought it sounded interesting I didn't actually get around to trying it out.  Then last year when I went on holiday I took a notebook & fine nib pen with me so that when I had  quiet moment or two - if I had a quiet moment or two - I could have a play.

Before going on holiday I "Googled" it to see if there was anything special I should be doing.  Most of the articles I found talked about the Zentangle tile.  So that is what I tried.  I can't show you the results as I don't appear to have kept them for some reason.  Or perhaps they are in one of the few remaining boxes I have left to unpack.

When I got back home from my holiday I realised I could use some of my outline stamps for this. Now I have not got confused - I know this is my digital blog.  But my play this weekend was exactly that - digital - well the base image was.  I found this lovely & perfect butterfly on a royalty free website a few weeks back & decided it would be my first proper attempt.


Here is how this butterfly ended up looking after my play, which I have to say - was really very relaxing;


I am really pleased with it & have now started on a styilised flower.  Will be showing that later.  So that I can finally write a post on my rubber stamping blog - I am now off to find a suitable stamp & have a play.

Thank you for dropping by, have a lovely day.




1 comment:

  1. Gloria - that is stunning. The butterfly is perfect for zentagling having all those clearly defined segments and the patterns you have filled it with are brill.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much