Sunday, 13 October 2013

CD Sunday - Butterfly

Another week has gone past & it's time again for the challenge over at CD Sunday & this week the theme is "Butterfly".

Here is my card;


I used MCS Parchment Delights CD's - one for the background & Vol 3 for the image.  I often use the Parchment CD's & change the colour of the image to suit an idea.  So I took the pale image & changed it to black creating a silhouette version. Then I printed the original image again onto white card & cut out the individual butterflies adding a little more colour to them with Promarkers.  I then cut them out, clear embossed them for a shiny finish & layered them over the black image slightly offsetting them.  Something else was needed to lift it & I layered the whole onto a piece of black card leaving a very narrow border.  The ribbon was a great find & I layered that as well onto a strip of black card.  In the box with the ribbon was that lovely floral ribbon which again was just what I needed - so that was placed over the ribbon.  A couple of flat back gems to add a little bit of bling & voila!  Butterfly card.


Thank you for stopping by my little blog I hope you enjoyed your visit & if you wish to leave a comment it will be much appreciated.

12 comments:

  1. This is very pretty Gloria and I like the way you have added the butterflies, a different idea for us to try.
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday again this week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gloria, what a fabulous creation, i love it and so right for our challenge this week at CD Sunday.
    sue-b DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gloria, you are quick off the mark this week and your design is gorgeous. I will be saying 'gorgeous' quite a lot this week when I leave comments. Just in case you don't know, I am a butterfly addict. Thanks for reminding me about MCS Parchment CD's, I must look mine out. This is what I like when leaving comments, someone uses something I already have and forgotten about. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very pretty card. I love the rainbow background. The colours are beautiful.
    Good luck this week at CD Sunday.
    Wynn GDT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Gloria, I love the colours you've used for this. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.

    Sue T x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Gloria - great design - and of course - a fabulous colour scheme.
    Thank you for joining in.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely soft colours Gloria and that ribbon is great.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea of changing the colours using the parchment CD to create a silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A truly beautiful card Marina with some great ideas for crafters to follow. I did buy a couple of the MCS parchment CD's but haven't really used them as I prefer to start from scratch but you have opened my eyes to their possibilities. Thank you for joining in with us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, great butterflies,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a pretty card, beautiful delicate colours. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much