Monday, 25 November 2013

CD Sunday - F is for...

Hi everyone

Time for another challenge at CD Sunday where the theme this week is "F for ...." - so quite a wide field to play in I think.

I love the use of flourishes on cards - so that was my starting point & the CD I chose to search on was My Craft Studio Flourishes Vol 1.  As well as flourishes there are some great backgrounds & silhouette patterns, & there amongst the silhouettes were some fairies. So a double whammy!.

Here is my card;


It is funny how our card making goes in patterns isn't it - at the moment I am very much into monochrome or black & one- colour.  Here the colour with black is pink.  I started with an A4 piece of white card & in MCS created a pink sheet with black flourish overlay.  I selected a flourish & a fairy & grouped them together then placed a pink background behind it.  I wanted it cut out in a circle & then realised I might not have the means to do this.  But an earlier play with a Tonic die that had an outer circle (oval) ring showed me that I did have the means.  This was then layered onto black card & cut out leaving a very narrow border.  I printed an extra fairy & cut her out leaving out some of the fiddly pieces which would show beneath her when I mounted her on the main image on sticky pads.

During my current unpacking (which seems to be ongoing) I came across a supply of paper ribbon - it has been in a box for ages.  I used to make bows & flowers with it - there is a small piece under the card in the photo.  It is actually described as paper rope because it is wound up so tight - but you unravel to get paper ribbon. Some bling was added with pink gems.

Now all I need is for the arrival of my new envelope maker recently ordered from C&C to make the right sized envelope for it.

Do pop across to the blog there are some amazing cards each week.

Thank you for stopping by & if you have time before leaving a comment would be very nice please.

10 comments:

  1. It's lovely Gloria. One of my favourite CDs from MCS.
    Thank you fror joining in.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour and the silhouette image looks fab. Thank you for joining us this week at CD Sunday.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Gloria, strangely enough, I looked at this particular CD myself as there are so many beautiful flourishes to choose from. Love the colours and the fairy is beautiful.
    Thanks for joining in with us again.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. just two colours work so well and such a pretty card too, thank you for joining us this week Gloria.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colour combination - one of my favourites. As you say - a double whammy with flourishes and fairies.
    Thank you for joining in with us at Cd Sunday.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great card Gloria, and perfect for the challenge.
    Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous card Gloria, great for this weeks theme. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.

    Sue T x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is gorgeous Gloria. What a beautiful image and I just love all the pink. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Gloria, Loving the black/Pink together, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very pretty in pink card, loving the flourishes and fairies. Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much