Tuesday, 12 November 2013

CD Sunday - Pennant Parade

Wow! where do the days go - another Sunday has come & gone & it is time for a new challenge at CD Sunday.  This week it is - Pennant Parade.  Is that - bunting?  Looking at the design team's inspirational cards I think the answer is yes.

The design team are getting very good at really testing me. I didn't have much in the way of bunting on a CD - & before you all shout at me - yes I could have printed papers & cut them out.  Anyway I wanted to find something a little different - if I could.

What do you think?


I used 2 CD's that I had brought from Serif - "Lace Market" & "Hearts & Roses" (a Hearts Design CD).  Everything for the card was produced in Serif Craft Artist. Among the embellishments on the "Lace Market" CD I spotted a length of lace that looked like bunting.  On the CD the embellishments are all black so I re-coloured it by picking the colour from the topper.  The layers were made from one of the backing papers with an embroidery brush used to add the detail to the edges.  I also created a square shape & coloured that a deep burgundy for layering the topper, which I got from picking the colour from deep inside the rose.

Everything was cut out with deckle edge scissors to try & give a softer finish - cutting around the lace was fun.  Here are a couple of close-up photos;




That last photo - yes I finished this card properly - that is the inside.  Now all I need is a wedding!

Thank you for taking a peek at my little blog space.  If you have time please leave a comment it would be very much appreciated.

9 comments:

  1. Well I think it is beautiful Gloria, well done and again you have given us something different. I love it. Thanks for joining us this week and hop over next Sunday to see that we have for you!
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Gloria...I love the stitching

    ReplyDelete
  3. You stood up to the test very well Gloria, I love your pennants and they look great with the gems as well. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.

    Sue T x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a gorgeous card Gloria. Great design and the deckle edging round the central image looks brill.
    Thank you for joininig iin.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Gloria - what a pretty and unusual card - and I love your descriptive writings. Fun to read.
    Thank you for joining in with us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's perfect Gloria and so delicate too, love the colour and layout, thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
    sue-b DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty and very inventive with the bunting. It looks great.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I guess that we are meant to challenge you, and you always come up trumps as you have with this fabulous card. If it makes you feel any better we are all challenged as well, you wouldn't want to be in my head when I see what other team members choose sometimes! lol
    Thank you for taking the time to find a way to join us and in such an inventive way.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty and elegant. Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much