Friday, 22 November 2013

CD Sunday - Simply Square

Whoa! how did we get to Friday already.  On Sunday I checked to see what the challenge for this week was going to be at CD Sunday, then spent some time thinking about it.  On Monday I made a decision - printed off the items I wanted.

Now here it was Friday & I hadn't made the card.  So many things kept having to be done & the card getting pushed onto another day under other things on my desk.

Never mind - I got it done, & here it is;




The colour has not photographed very well - possibly due to the lateness of the afternoon - it is a more greeny-blue.

I used a 5x5 white card which I covered with black card.  The square design comes from My Craft Studio parchment delights Volume 4.  I love these designs on the parchment Cd's as you can turn them into silhouettes.  I then chose a colour from the CD & placed it behind the silhouette image.  I printed 2 of those.  I also printed a ribbon pattern & 2 different backgrounds, but I didn't get around to using the background papers as they just didn't work.

I placed the ribbon centrally across the black card & then mounted the full square design over it leaving a border. Next I cut out the centre panel on the second image which I mounted on to black card leaving a very narrow border.  This was then placed over the central design on the main image on sticky dots. A few flat backed pearls added a little bling.

I actually rather like this little card & think I might make it again in other colours to give me some standby cards for unexpected occasions.

why not pop over to the blog & see what others have been creating - or better still - join in.  Although you may now have to wait until next Sunday's challenge :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow Gloria. I love this. So glad you managed to make up the card before the week was out so you could share it with everyone.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Gloria, I have these CD's but tend to forget about them so thanks for the reminder.
    Thanks for joining us this week
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and I like the monotone effect.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gloria I really like this, it's so pretty. I don't have these cd's and have to admit to not even thinking about getting them but if this is the kind of thing that is on them maybe I'd better take another look.
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday htis week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much