Monday, 4 November 2013

CD Sunday - Stripey

Good afternoon everyone.  Well! the challenge at CD Sunday this week - is - Stripey.  Now! I can't make up my mind if I prefer those challenges with a set theme (ie - images) - or one like this where the image part is open wide for choice as long as it contains the element suggested.  I have made a card &  I still don't know which type I prefer.

Anyway - that's my problem isn't it.  Here is the card I made using My Craft Studio CD "Wings & Things" CD2


I wanted a shape other than a plain, folded in half, card - so I looked out a border die I have & placed it on the front of the card diagonally & cut away the top right portion.  I think I should have moved it up a little more then the border would really have been edge to edge - never mind.

Here is a close-up of the corner topper;


I mounted the topper onto a piece of white card leaving a very narrow border, to give it another layer & lift the pink edge from the background.  Then I printed & cut out 2 more of the flowers in the topper.  I cutout the complete flower from the first image & then the inner petal layer from the second image.  A little pressure from an embossing tool to curly them slightly & then decoupaged them onto the topper & added a flat back pink pearl in the centre.  Some more flat back pink pearls decorate the corners.

Do pop over to the CD Sunday challenge blog - there is some amazing work.

Thank you for stopping by my little blog space & if you have time before you move on perhaps you would leave a comment.  Comments are always very much appreciated.




11 comments:

  1. A lovely card Gloria. This is the sort of challenge I prefer as I find it easier than finding a specific image. Thank you for joining in.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges Gloria. Very pretty striped papers. I think given a choice I would prefer having a theme but it's good we can provide such a mix up of challenges to challenge us. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours of your stripes Gloria and well done for being outside your comfort zone and sharing such a lovely card with us this week.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Gloria, a lot of work has gone into this, i love the cut out flowers. thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    sue-b DT XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful creation Gloria, I love the papers and your layout is fantastic. Thank you for joining us again at CD Sunday
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you stripey papers Gloria, and such a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.

    Sue T x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card again Gloria, it's funny how people react to our challenges, some love the more open themes while some prefer something more specific. I'm somewhere in between, if it' something that I have and can imagine then an image based theme is great but when all else fails something along these lines is great.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at CD Sunday.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you in being in two minds about what kind of challenge I prefer too - if I'm not feeling very creative, something very specific can help - but only if I have suitable images. But if I'm in a really creative mood, I prefer an open one. I love what you've done with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colours and the corner topper is perfect. Glad you carried on despite being out of your 'zone'.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the stripey colours and the design, beautiful card.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Gloria. I love the layout, with the topper in the corner and those stripes looks so good. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much