Friday, 1 November 2013

CD Sunday - Travels Abroad

Oh dear - I really did struggle with the challenge this week at CD Sunday - considering I had a holiday abroad back in August in Brittany you would have thought it would be easy.  But i don't possess a CD with a French theme.  So I didn't think I would take part - but then I don't like missing them.

So! At least I had Joanna Sheen's CD - Egyptian Adventure, so that's what I used;


I had just finished sorting out a folder box with card in it & there was this burgundy coloured card with some of it missing.  I noticed it picked up the burgundy shading on the palm trees & now the other 2 images have been mounted they too have little burgundy patches in them.

I layered the 2 background papers onto the card then overlapped them slightly to fit the white card. The 2 top images are on sticky pads & the one with Egypt on it is adhered flat.

Currently there is no back to this card as I struggled to find a suitable sized card - in order to meet the deadline I have left sorting that until later.  I will probably put a hinged back on to it.

Now I must hurry & link this post to the CD Sunday challenge blog.  Do pop over there & see everyone elses creations - they are fantastic crafters.

Thank you for stopping by & if you have time please leave a comment they really are appreciated.



8 comments:

  1. Sorry I made you struggle Gloria but your card is beautiful. The burgundy really sets off the lovely images, Love the backing paper too. Thanks for joining us this week and for your lovely comments.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never mind Brittany, you have made a fabulous card of Egypt! The toppers are super and the two backing papers very effective. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout and entered in time. Sometimes last minute cards turn out the best and yours in certainly a worthy entry. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday. It's lovely.

    Wynn GDT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the burgundy card for the images Gloria , it shows them off perfectly, so pleased you got it in in time and thanks for joining us this week.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great card and it would make a fabulous easel card, perfect card for our challenge and entered in plenty of time.
    Thanks for being with us again this week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was worth the struggle Gloria, because this is a wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.

    Sue T x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful card, I have this CD too, an old but faithful one. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Egypt. One of my favourite places and such a great card.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much