Tuesday, 24 December 2013

CD Sunday - DL, Decoupage & Dies

Hi everyone
Well! here it is Christmas Eve & yet somehow I have managed to find the time to put together my card for the current challenge over at CD Sunday.

This time the challenge is to use DL card, Dies & Decoupage.  Here is my card;


I used My Craft Studio "Something Special" CD & Design set 1.  I printed 2 background papers, 2 of the ribbon strips & 3 of the main image.  One of the images was left complete, then the second one I cut out the complete image of the lady, & finally from the third image I cut out the top part of the hat & the fur collar.   

The next stage was to die cut the edge of the plain background paper & trim it to fit the card, then trim the patterned background to fit over it.  One of the ribbon strips was placed down the middle of the card & the other one cut up to make a paper bow with tails.  Then the decoupage placed in position.

This card is so far removed from the Christmas cards that I have been making it made a lovely breath of fresh air.

Thank you for popping into my little blog I hope you enjoyed your visit.

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card and so glad that you enjoyed the change. Thank you for managing the time to join us.
    Carol
    xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so beautiful Gloria, thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely Gloria. A really elegant card. Love the decoupaged lady and the punched edged to the bp. Love the colourway too.
    Thank you for joining in.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DDT

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all well done for finding time on Christmas Eve to make this lovely card. I love the colour you have chosen.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much