Monday, 2 December 2013

CD Sunday - Home Sweet Home

I thought I should try & join in this weeks CD Sunday challenge early rather than later as we are getting closer to Christmas & it's going to get busy with getting ready.  Although we have generously been given 2 weeks for this challenge.

So, the theme this week is Home Sweet Home.  As I was on my own yesterday afternoon I spent a nice leisurely time going through most of my CD's for the right image.

Here is my card;


& here is a closeup of the corner


Everything was found on "A walk in the Countryside" from Cupcake Crafting (which is now - Creative Crafting World).  

I used the snapshot tool to pull out just the images I wanted & created the sentiment.  Then I printed one of the backgrounds that went the best with the image, along with the circular coloured image & one of the black & white square images. I also changed the effect of the square to make it quite pale. The background paper was mounted onto a scalloped edge 8x8 card leaving a border on 3 sides.  I laid the small coloured image on the reverse of the black & white image & drew around it.  Then I cut out the circle. I very lightly marked the position for the coloured image on the background paper & then glued it in place.  The black & white image was added on sticky pads & placed on the background & the sentiment was adhered to a spare piece of the background paper.  All in all I am very pleased with this card.

Thank you for visiting my little blog space - do pop over to the challenge blog & see what everyone is making - just click on the link at the start of the post.

9 comments:

  1. I love the splash of colour from the image against the faded background. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.

    Sue T x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. And so you should be pleased with this one Gloria - it's lovely. Sweeg cottage image and a great design.
    Thank you for joining in.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, great layout and I love the faded background.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Gloria, love the layers in this card and the faded image looks so good, thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like what you have done with designing your card Gloria. Love the faded background and the image is perfect for this weeks challenge. Thanks for joining us again this week.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card, lovely colours. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautifully designed card and you should be proud of it.
    Thank you for joining in with us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much