Wednesday, 15 January 2014

CD Sunday - Tantalizing Turquoise

Last week (CD Sunday 5 January) I decided on what I was going to do, printed off everything I needed - then got involved with a lot of domestic things & missed the date.  I will probably still make the card & show it here, seeing as I have it all printed out.

But more importantly right now I must not miss this weeks challenge at CD Sunday, where the theme, as you can see, is "Tantalizing Turquoise".  This is a colour I always have a problem with - is it blue? - is it green? & just how much of either shade is it.

Any way here is my offering & I will explain afterwards;


I haven't used this faux book template in ages - but when I spotted the bookmark I knew what I had to do.


This just shows the bookmark out of the book.  

The digital image for this is the bookmark & is from My Craft Studio - Celebrations vol 1 - Butterflies.  I hold my hand up & say that the only thing I have done to this bookmark other than print it & cut it out is mount it onto black card to make it sturdier. By sheer luck I found the polka dot paper in one of my paper boxes & it was the perfect colour.  It was part of a number of sheets from a magazine amongst which was the label which I have put my book title on.  In the photo it looks like it is layered on red - but it is in fact black - I think the light was playing tricks. A straight black peeloff marks the position of the spine from the front.

Just the other day I bought some background stamps & one of them was "definitions" set out like a section across a page - so I repeat stamped it down the inside of the "book" to make it a little more realistic.

I must pop over now & link to the CD Sunday website & have a good look at what everyone else has done.  Why don't you pop over there when you have finished reading my blog - there is bound to be some great ideas.

Thank you for stopping by I hope you enjoyed your visit.

8 comments:

  1. This is brilliant. It's the first time I've seen anything like this. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Beryl xx
    CD sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and thank you for reminding me that I haven't used that book template in a while either. Thank you for joining us again this week.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not used my book template for eons either and I never thought about adding a bookmark. What a great idea. Turquoise is certainly a tantalizing colour. As you said is it green or is it blue. You have certainly matched up your 'turquoises' perfectly. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday this week. Wynn xx DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have reminded me of the book cards I used to do. But they were bought already cut and folded to A6 size. Your looks wonderful.
    Thank you for joining in with us at CD Sunday.
    Carol x
    CD Sunday DT (Team B)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful and unusual project. Well done. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Gloria, and so unusual too. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.

    Sue T x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Gloria, love the 'book' idea. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much