Friday, 3 January 2014

cd sunday - we are sailing

Hi everyone.

Another testing challenge this week at CD Sunday, as it says above the theme is "We are sailing". Hmm, definitely not sure how I was going to deal with that.  At first I had what I thought was a brilliant idea of creating a scene with a camel in it.  Camel?  Sailing?  See, I had remembered it was also known as the "ship of the desert".  But as hard as I tried I couldn't get together what I had in mind.

Then yesterday I had an idea & here I am.  The CD I used was from My Craft Studio - Papercraft Expert.  Hang in there all will be revealed.

Here are a scan of the papers I used;



and here is my card;


I used a white 5x5 square card, then from another piece of white card I cut the shape of the sailing boat & decorated it with the papers using the Iris Folding technique.  I trimmed it with deckle edged scissors, then created a border around the square card with some of the brown paper strips to frame the image.  I edged the cut edges with silver border peel-offs & found some borders that looked like waves so added those once I had mounted the image on the card.

The iris folding design i found courtesy of the Circle of Crafters - click on their name to go to their website. This link will take you direct to the pattern for the sail boat - but there is lots more on there.

Thank you for stopping by I hope you enjoyed your visit.





8 comments:

  1. How lovely to see some iris folding again Gloria. I have a sailing boat template and used it quite a lot when I first made cards. Funny you should do this as I was thinking about having another go with the iris folding thing the other day. We'll see.
    Meantime - it's a great card. Thank you for joining in.
    Beryl xx
    CD sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, Gloria...I haven't seen paper folding for ages either

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this - what a good idea. The pretty colours of the sails are a reminder of sunny summer days to come.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever and so lovely, great to see iris folding and thanks for joining us at CD Sunday.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic. I love Iris Folding and haven't done any for ages. Too busy stitching instead. Love it.
    Happy New Year to you and thank you for joining in with us.
    Carol
    xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great - really different take on the challenge and a striking design
    that would be lovely to receive. Marina

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great take on the theme this week Gloria, I've not seen Iris folding for sometime now. Thanks for joining us at CD sunday this week.

    Sue T xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! it's been a long time since I saw a bit of Iris folding, it is so effective and pretty, you have made a beautiful sailing boat.. Thanks for being with us again at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much