Friday, 31 January 2014

CD Sunday - Year of the Horse

Good afternoon everyone - my goodness where has the morning gone!!

Finally, after missing the CD Sunday challenges for 2 weeks, I have once again joined in.  This week the theme is Year of the Horse.  I got a bit worried as I searched amongst my CD's for anything to do with horses - & I didn't seem to have anything.  I need to work out a way of cataloguing the contents of my CD's - but feel it is a job that will take forever.  Anyway! enough wittering on - I did find something & here is the card I made;


The image & background paper is from Joanna Sheen's Victoria Animals & Nature CD.

The base card is a landscape cream deckle edged card.  I trimmed down the background paper & rounded the corners then distressed the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I took the main image on  the CD & reduced its size a little & printed 2 copies.  From one I cut out the image leaving me with the frame.  I then cut a piece of acetate which I attached to the reverse side of the frame & placed it over the image using some thin foam dots to raise it a little above the image.  I placed the whole thing on foam pads & adhered to the front of the card after catching some beaded chain behind it.  Some small peel off letters were put in the corner of the frame - friends.

You may notice there seems to be lines across the image.  Well, there is, it appears my printer is getting low on some inks - but I thought I would still use it.

Thank you for stopping by my blog I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Why not click on the link above & see what others have created.

'Bye for now.  Back soon.

5 comments:

  1. What a natter these two must be having Gloria, such a gorgeous image. Thanks for joining us at CD sunday this week.

    Sue T xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely pony and kitten....they look like friends. I like how you've made it look like a picture frame with the chain hanger....clever idea.
    Glad you found something to share with us this week at CD Sunday. Hugs Wynn DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way they appear to be talking together. Nice idea that it looks like a picture hanging on the wall.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet image, it has made a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your horse looks as though he is giving friendly advice. Lovely scene.
    Thank you for joining in with us Gloria.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT Team B

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much