Sunday, 23 February 2014

CD Sunday - Quotations

Yes it is me already - & it is still Sunday.

The challenge over at CD Sunday this week is Quotations.  So there should be lots & lots to choose from then.

I eventually chose the following quotation;


I had already had a look through some CD's for inspiration & had found a rather nice garden, the quotation then came to mind, & my choice was made.  The CD was Joanna Sheen's Royal Horticultural Society Collection & the image was from CD2 the Beautiful Gardens section.


I made an easel card covering the base card with the background paper from the selection.  The main image I printed twice, cut the image from the frame & around the arch & placed it over the other one on sticky pads. Then out of the blue I decided to give it an acetate dome cover. Unfortunately this means that you can just make out my reflection whilst taking the photo.  :)
The quotation was cut out in an oval & I used 3 little flowers as my easel stopper held in place under the quotation.


Here is a close up of the main image showing the acetate dome.

Thank you for stopping by my blog I hope you enjoyed your visit.



6 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Gloria with lovely colours and I did enjoy my visit. I am going to have to save all these quotations now.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT Team B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quotation Gloria and i love the image and papers.
    Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. JS always has something suitable for many occasions doesn't she. This garden is lovely. As is the quote. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday. Wynn DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty. I always think acetate dome fronts look impressive and this is no exception. Lovely quote too. Marina http://myperfectlifeuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quotation and a very pretty card. I wish my garden looked like that.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card with such pretty and delicate colours, thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday x

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much