Sunday, 9 March 2014

CD Sunday - Simply Red

Good evening -  & it is time for another CD Sunday Challenge - where the theme this weekend is "Simply Red".

I had to do quite a bit of searching for this one, as I new I wouldn't be able to print out anything with too much red in it.  It is also very difficult to get reds to match.  Anyway I found what I wanted to use in - My Craft Studio CD - "Festive Disco Follies" & used the NSR (No Stamp Required) section.

Here is my card - "Lady in Red";


The scalloped edge card does look a little orangey here but it is red & my Poppy Promarker was virtually identical.  The elegant lady is called Dorial & her companion is Cordelia.  I coloured with Promarkers & to the small images added glitter around the hat & a little on the pom pom too.  For the elegant lady I stamped her twice onto white card & coloured both of the images. Then from one I cut out the top layer of the dress including the wrap, remembering to remove the little triangle at her bent arm, & placed it on sticky pads over the other image.  I trimmed the various elements with some scalloped edge scissors to mimic the card.  The main image also has glitter on the wrap & the brim of her hat.  Before attaching the images I wrapped some white satin ribbon down the left-hand edge & added red flat backed pearls.

Thank you for stopping by my little blog I hope you will call again.  I am off now to link my card to the challenge blog.  Do go & take a look at what everyone does - there are always the most fantastic cards to look at & gain  inspiration from.

7 comments:

  1. A beautiful card, loving the fashion and design. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great flapper images and lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two very stunning ladies. I like how you've coloured your images......does save on printer ink too.....Thank you for joining in at CD Sunday and your supportive comments.
    Wynn DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very stylish and you have done well to match up the reds.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very glam card Gloria. Your ladies have such great names. Very evocative of the time.
    Thank you for joining in with us at CD Sunday.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT Team B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant card, love the retro look. Thanks for sharing at CD Sunday this week x

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much