Thursday, 3 April 2014

CD Sunday - Sketch with Jenny

Good afternoon everyone.  In this post I am going to show the card that I have made for this weeks CD Sunday challenge.

The theme this week is open - but we have a sketch to guide us on layout.  Now - I love sketches because I love the inspiration they give me & I store them away for when my mojo takes a holiday!

Here is the sketch;


Here is my card;


The base card is cream with a gold shimmer - which I cut from an A4 sheet to suit the design. Now, the CD I used is a freebie on a magazine called "Digital Essentials" (well, there were 2 CD's actually).  They contain images, paper, embellishments etc from a variety of companies & designers.  For example, Dreamees, Kim Dellow, Kate Hadfield, Hot off the Press, Lilac & Lavender & others.

The floral images were taken from Lilac & Lavender's section.  I trimmed the images & placed them on these Kraft tags which I had to trim to suit the toppers.  The trim behind the images is a strip of the same card which I cut with my picot edged scalloped scissors & I lightly coloured it with Vintage Photo distress Ink to create a contrast.  I also coloured the tag strings & stamped the sentiment with the same ink. A group of pearl gold coloured gems at 2 of the corners to finish. The other thing I did was to "scribble" a random squiggle line around the card edges to give it a frame. I used a very fine Signo Uni-ball pen in green. Not sure what I think.  I like the squiggle frame - not sure about the green.

Thank you for stopping by I hope you enjoyed your visit.


7 comments:

  1. Wow that was a great buy when you got the free CD's. I love sunflowers and you have made a beautiful card with the images. Great idea using tags. Thank you for joining in again at CD Sunday. Wynn DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Gloria. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty. I love the idea of using tags.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Gloria. Great take on the challenge and I like your 'squiggle' frame. Don't think I'd be brave enough to do it on an otherwise finished card.lol
    Thank you for joining in.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely Gloria, i do like the your squiggly frame and the green really suits , love the images too.
    Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week
    sue-b
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great freebie Cd. Thank you for joining in with us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT Team B

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great take on the theme, glad to hear you like to use a sketch and get inspiration from them, I find them an incredibly useful tool at times.
    Thanks for sharing your pretty card with us at CD Sunday.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete

It is nice to receive & read your lovely comments.
Thank you very much